Highlights of the MBBS course:
1. MBBS course is 5 years duration plus 1-year internship training.
2. There will be 4 professional examinations during this 5 years MBBS course.
3. There will be 2 professional examinations in each year- 1st week of November & 1st
week of May.
4. Final professional examinations (clinical subjects) will be held at the end of 5 years.
5. Total marks in surgery - 500
6. Pass marks (in each clinical, oral, practical & written) is 60%.
7. Attendance 75%.
* Chalk/Whiteboard marker with the board.
* Multimedia Projection
* Overhead projector
* Video presentation
* X-ray plain & contrast.
* CT scan.
* Case presentation.
* Video demonstration.
After each term, there will examination, the system of which will be similar to the final professional examination.
The final professional examination of surgery has 2 papers- 1st paper is general surgery & 2nd paper is ophthalmology and ENT.
Facilities to support surgery:
To appear in the final assessment examination for selection to appear in the final professional examination.
To fulfill the twenty-first-century need for patient care, the surgery department is well equipped with modern instruments including laparoscopy, clean OT, air-conditioned general ward, cabin, luxury suite, and free ward for poor patients.
To support the surgical care of the patient- there are CSSD, modern laboratory, radiology, and imaging department( CT, MRI, Fluoroscope, Portable X-ray, Ultra sonogram).
The students should be able to:
1. Elicit a complete history, physical examination & formulate a diagnosis of common
surgical disease in our country.
2. Order necessary investigations and interpret the result.
3. Perform minor surgical procedures.
4. Recognize major surgical problems.
5. Diagnose and provide primary care in surgical emergencies.
FCPS (S), MBBS (Dhaka)
KYAMCH, OPD, Room 104
MBBS, MCPS, MS (General Surgery)